Friday, November 20, 2015

THE SCIENCE FILM FESTIVAL (Part 2)

So now, I'm gonna talk about the 2nd film and it's entitled THE NORTHERN LIGHTS : A Magic Experience, Simply the aurora borealis.

What is aurora borealis you say?

- Well it is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions. Auroras are produced when the magnetosphere is sufficiently disturbed by the solar wind that the trajectories of charged particles in both solar wind and magnetosphere plasma, mainly in the form of electrons and protons, precipitate them into the upper atmosphere (thermosphere/exosphere), where their energy is lost. The resulting ionization and excitation of atmospheric constituents emits light of varying color and complexity.

- They are mostly on green lights.



      source: wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora

The film mainly talks about the aurora borealis in North Norway, because I think there lots of "lights" being shown there.

Next, they talk about many theories of the aurora such as the arctic fox dashed across the tundra swiping snow up into the sky, and the swans like each time they flapped their wings they produce those kind of lights. They also show paintings and poems about the aurora.

As I have seen the film, It really focuses from the Norwegian people, and because of this, They made many observatories that the Norwegians can watch the beautiful lights.

How auroras are made, For me these are because of nuclear reactions of the sun that produces magnetic rings all the way to Earth causing these lights, but I really don't know the exact answer.

One last thing, I have seen of the film is, the lights are best pictured in digital single-lens reflex camera or popularly known as the DSLR cam with tripod (suggested).

My review: The film was great but the audience were quite bored on the film (compared to the first film) and also my seatmate got sleepy but I hope they learned something out of it. The pictures were so cool and colorful too.

So, the two films is done! And we have a great time viewing those films, Lastly, We have picture taking (Like 2 shots) with my classmates and some other schoolmates that are watching also with us! I do not really have a copy of the pics that are taken by a guy who is I think an volunteer (I guess!) of the film fest, I wish I have.

I will surely wait for a another Science Film Fest, if possible!





If you wanna watch the video of the "Northern Lights" film, You can click the link below!

                       http://www.goethe.de/ins/th/prj/wif/flm/en14489452.htm



                                                              

 A TRAILER! OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment